Healthblocks is a start-up created by Bothrs. In short, it's a low-code SaaS platform for building digital health products. Think mobile health applications, telehealth solutions, health information technology and personalized medicine. With Healthblocks, users can circumvent most of what is and otherwise lengthy and tedious design and development process, while also offering a regulatory compliant environment.
Here’s a concrete rundown of what you’ll be doing at Healthblocks:
- You iterate on CI/CD workflows that allow developers to deploy with confidence.
- You implement REST endpoints for specific use cases.
- You design database schemas for new functionalities.
- You improve the configurability of the platform.
- You take responsibility over DevOps, meaning you prepare the provisioning of
multiple environments and automate processes.
- You’ll closely collaborate with your team that consists of a product manager, a UX/UI
designer and a full-stack developer.
- We're in the business of building patient experiences that improve the daily lives of
so many. So you might find yourself working on our React Native codebase that
supports our health apps as well.
- Most importantly, you will be building a digital health platform that helps end-users
build better lives.
What tools do we like?
We try to stay on top of our game, and won't hold back to try out the latest tools and
technologies. Hence the importance of being able to learn on the job. At Healthblocks, we
mainly use Typescript, AWS, GCP, Hasura, Expo, node.js, GraphQL, PostgreSQL and
What you bring to the role
You’ve got at least 5 years of experience in working with (part of) the stack
- Building a platform in digital health requires solid expertise in building a scalable,
secure foundation on which Healthblocks apps can be built. We're looking for an
experienced software engineer who knows their way around our cloud architecture.
- Your experience in GraphQL and Restful API management allows organisations to
build stable, maintainable applications on top of Healthblocks.
- You value end-user outcomes over technical elegance.
- You are prepared to deep-dive into ISO27001 compliance.
- Experience with health-related data is a plus (HL7 FHIR v4)
- You know your way around security, infrastructure & scalable architectures.
- You are mindful of introducing"conceptual debt" and are flexible when confronted
with "technical debt"
- Bonus: experience with multi-tenant systems, low-code tools, Terraform or
What's in it for you?
Three things: growth as a developer, having a high impact from day one, and getting paid. It
really doesn't get more straightforward than that. A company like ours can't thrive if the
people in it can't grow themselves.